The experts at Gartner recently published this year’s Hype Cycle Report. For the first time ever, DecisionNext received a high mention as a sample vendor for the Intelligent Applications in Finance category.
Figure 1 – Illustration of the Gartner Hype Cycle
We are honored to be included by Gartner in this report.
Gartner has been providing insights and expert guidance to clients’ enterprises worldwide for more than 40 years. Their annual Hype Cycle Report is a graphical depiction of a common pattern that arises with each new technology or other innovation, making it easier for clients to track maturity and future potential.
A Gartner Hype Cycle provides an objective map that helps you understand the real risks and opportunities of innovation, so you can avoid adopting something too early, giving up too soon, adopting too late, or hanging on too long. Every Hype Cycle includes five phases:
– The innovation trigger starts when an event, like a technological breakthrough or a product launch, gets people talking.
– The peak of inflated expectations is when product usage increases, but there’s still more hype than proof that the innovation can deliver what you need.
– The trough of disillusionment happens when the original excitement wears off and early adopters report performance issues and low ROI.
– The slope of enlightenment occurs when early adopters see initial benefits and others start to understand how to adapt the innovation to their organizations.
– The plateau of productivity marks the point at which more users see real-world benefits and the innovation goes mainstream.
DecisionNext lives up to the hype.
Considering all the new technologies making bold promises in the modern landscape, it becomes even more challenging to know what’s hype and what’s commercially viable. Thank you Gartner for helping separate the wheat from the chaff! Getting mentioned for the Intelligent Applications in Finance Category in the “Peak of Inflated Expectations” is a great place to be, putting us with the likes of FIS, High Radius, and SideTrade.
This announcement is another big win for DecisionNext.
It proves that DecisionNext has the solutions, insights, and commitment to minimize risk and continue helping our customers drive smarter business decisions.
Want to learn more?
- Learn more about the 2023 Gartner Hype Cycle Report.
- Learn how DecisionNext leverages best-in-class price and demand forecasting to improve decision making.
Schedule a demo to see how you can improve your market forecasting and analysis.