Did you see the movie First Man about NASA’s mission to land a man on the moon?
It relates the tumultuous journey that starts with JFK declaring his goal of “landing a man on the moon, and returning him safely to Earth,” and ends with Neil Armstrong taking that first step, and then ultimately returning home. The success of the mission was largely contingent on the careful partnership of man and technology.
Here at DecisionNext, our own mission of improving market decisions is achieved by applying machine learning to price and supply forecasting. We, too, have found that putting the right technology in the hands of the right people is central to achieving our goals, which include enabling more confident business decision making, and through that, promoting bottom line growth. The magic in human plus machine has proved itself time and time again.
As we wrap up 2018, here are a few takeaways:
- Decision making: We have built our technology to support you as you compare strategic alternatives in the market, because machine learning can inform how analysts, executives, and investors view decisions.
- Competitive advantage: We have gathered overwhelming evidence that quick and precise analytics provides an edge in commodity markets.
- Team alignment: We have harnessed the enormous power of parallel processing to get understandable results quickly, and build team confidence.
I also want to share a few ways our product is evolving:
- Backtesting: We developed robust backtesting to quickly evaluate how a model would have performed historically in actual decisions, using only the history up to that point.
- Accessibility: We developed more approachable tools for business users to run scenarios and get decision recommendations easily.
- Power: We developed more powerful tools, allowing technical users to tune models to achieve increasing levels of accuracy.
We’re excited about what we will accomplish together in 2019 with our growing customer and partner base. Will you join the journey?
Read our most popular content from the past year.